Roman Style Carbonara
- 4 servings
4 egg yolks
500gm dried spaghetti
50gm Parmesan (grated)
- Cook your bacon in batches until crispy. Set aside.
- Boil your pasta water. When at a steady boil add salt (you want it salty like the sea) add your pasta and cook.
- Mix egg yolks, Parmesan and pepper in a bowl.
- Save 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
- Add pasta back to the pot and take off the heat.
- Add bacon to pasta and mix.
- Add egg and cheese mix to the pasta and add the cooking liquid.
- STIR like a mad person until everything melts and a silky sauce forms.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
Recipe and imagery created for us by the talented Jess from Dot Dash