Homemade Crumpets with Bacon and Banana
- 8 servings
2 tsp Active yeast
1 tsp Sugar
½ cup Water
½ cup Milk
1¾ cups Flour
½ tsp Salt
¾ tsp Baking soda
½ cup Water, warm
1. Combine 2 tsp active yeast & 1 tsp sugar in a bowl. In a pot heat 1/2 c water & 1/2 c milk until just above body temperature. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle over yeast & sugar mix. Leave for 10 mins until frothy in a warm place.
2. In a large bowl add 1 3/4 c white flour & 1/2 tsp salt, mix then add yeast mixture and stir to combine to form a soft dough. Cover and place in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. In a small bowl add 1/2 c water & 3/4 tsp baking soda and stir vigorously through the dough. Cover and leave for 30 minutes in a warm place.
4. Put a non-stick frying pan onto a low heat. Brush oil onto a 9cm cookie cutter place into the middle of frying pan. Fill with ½ cup of crumpet mixture. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes until bubbles appear and the edges are starting to set. Remove from ring and cooktop for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Serve with fried bananas, Farmland Foods Bacon, coconut cream and maple syrup.
Recipe and imagery created for us by the talented Jana from The MacPherson Diaries