Bacon Eggy Cups
- 8 servings
8-16 rashers of Farmland Foods Thin Sliced Streaky Bacon / depending on muffin tray size
Roasted pumpkin or kumara
The perfect way to get some extra veggies into your kid's lunchboxes or a perfect snack on-the-go!
These can be made with whatever veggies you have on hand, a great way to use leftovers.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a muffin tray with baking spray or grease with oil.
2. Take a rash or 2 of bacon and place it around the inside of the muffin tin. Depending on muffin pan size you may need 2 rashers.
3. Place a small piece of pumpkin/kumara or whatever veggie you're using in the bottom of each muffin tin.
4. Break an egg on top of the vegetable, repeat until all 8 tins are full.
5. Place half a cherry tomato and 1/2 tsp pesto on top of egg.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until egg is cooked and golden.